Arroz con Leche

I was inspired to make this after trying a very terrible version at a local vegan restaurant with my friend Ines. Unfortunately it was my first time trying this delicacy, so I didn't have much to compare it to. After making this recipe, I now know what real arroz con leche should taste like...and its amazing!

Serves 4

What you need:

1/2 cup white rice
4 cups soy milk
1 tsp cinnamon or 1 cinnamon stick
2 slices orange peel
1/4 - 1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract

In a small pot, add the soy milk, rice, cinnamon, and orange peel and bring to a boil. When it starts boiling, reduce to low-heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for around 45 minutes. Add the sugar and vanilla and simmer for another 10-15 minutes. Top with more cinnamon and serve hot!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turkish Zeytinyagli Mantarli Kuskonmaz

Albanian Jani Me Fasule

Sicilian Caponata